Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Feedback on Angular7 pro - issue with IdentityServer

First things - I've loved the template, using it for about 9 month - with your design/implementation details with the Adamin components (users/roles) and  you have some basic Angular knowledge, you've got enough to get going. For me the following angular course on reactiveUI was the missing bit.. and I've now got a 40 module Material UI app with server lookups and business rules and a cool widgit driven login screen - all good, the users love it... but all in the previous Angular 5 version. I needed to use telerik's grid, and that needed 6/7...

I downloaded the new 7 pro and was getting a IndentifyServer issue - the app would run, but not login....(which I spent about 2 weeks on and off, but couldn't but it)...

so, I upgraded my working angular 5 solution to core 2.1 (2.2 not supported in azure yet) and all working, deploying to azure brilliantly...

I then deleted the ClientApp (backing up my modules) and copied your new Angular template, and bingo!! No IndentityServer issues... brilliant. The upgrade of the 40 modules took about 20min each (rx observable changes and catchError changes being the core).

There was no issue with the non pro version - so the issue is definatlyIdentifyServer.

Thanks for heing the shoulder I'm building on. All the courses and blogs are not a nice as a working, real application.

So this is a post to help others with this issue, and perhap help you with working out what is happening with the ID issues with the pro verison (I tried it 3 times on 2 machines - on a clean machine, all had the same ID issue).

Tony

Hello Tony thanks for the thumbs up!

My take on this is upgrading to the latest angular 7 version solved issues you were having with Identity Server? If not see if the conversation here is  of help.

Glad we could help speed up things for you.

Eben Monney.