Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Deployment

What is a recommended deployment strategy for this project? Do you have instructions on how to deploy this on a Windows Server with IIS?

Thank you,

The necessary configuration changes to deploy this project to IIS have already been made.
So deploy it as you would any ASP.NET project.

Example:

1. Publish to a File Folder
  2. Copy Files to Preferred IIS Location
  3. Create Application in IIS

See this post if you require details on any of the above steps: https://stackify.com/how-to-deploy-asp-net-core-to-iis/

Thank you

FYI to any others I ran into an issue HTTP Error 502.5 since my .net core files were out of date so make sure you download the latest asp.net core sdk. I downloaded the latest: https://www.microsoft.com/net/download/windows and it worked on my server.

Also needed to update:

• launchSettings.json - applicationURL
  • appsettings.json - applicationURL / ConnectionString / SmtpConfig
Eben Monney and bernhard.ott have reacted to this post.
Eben Monneybernhard.ott

Hello there,

I need to publish my own project. But this is the error i always see in my error list ;

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error The command "node node_modules/webpack/bin/webpack.js --env.prod" exited with code 2.

Can anyone help me about this?

I had issues (IIS 502.5 Error) where I needed to first create the "Logs" folder on my server. Then I could see the log files and noticed I was missing the Microsoft.AspNetCore.Antiforgery Nuget Package so I installed the latest Microsoft .NET Core SDK on my server and it worked.

I deployed a version of the app to a development server and can only get the "App is Loading..." page to display with black letters and a white background.  When I inspect the page, there are errors saying the CSS and JS files were not found (404).

Could someone elaborate on modifying launchSettings.json and appsettings.json?

I have issues deploying on IIS server, as it says it should work  once you publish it but it was not showing on my server. I tried to change my hosting model to outofprocess to inprocess and I was not able to get any error log but it doesn't show the site instead it showing "

This site can’t be reached

". I also tried to put the files on my wwwroot but it doesn't still work. Need this deployment asap. Thank you.